Monday, September 27, 2010

Summer 2010

I know, I know. I am a horrible blogger. I really do have good intentions. I promise to try to do better. :) So, here's a rundown of the Bear's summer. The men unofficially kicked things off with a fishing trip on Cripple Creek. Houston had a ball and, of course, James and Dad did too.

It has been an unbelievably hot summer. We spent as much time in the water as possible!

Houston loved his water ball...
We had beach parties regularly....

We hung out in Grandmommy & Granddaddy's pool...

We had a BLAST at Hungry Mother with cousin Aly...
We even spent a day at Lake Gaston with our neighbors...
James spent as much time as possible working on our other home, the camper we bought last winter. I did something I'd always wanted to. I took a sock class! Yes, in the dead of summer I was knitting wool socks! I was very pleased with my finished project!


James and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary on August 19th. We went to Charlotte, NC that weekend with some friends to see Zac Brown Band in concert. We had a great time!

On August 27th we celebrated Houston Rocker turning 2!!! Can you believe it? He's growing so fast!
Although we did have a good summer and made some great memories we also have a very sad one. We lost Granny Bear on June 9th. She would have been 92 on August 15th. She lived a long and happy life. We were blessed to have her as our Granny and she will always be in our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment